Work Health Consulting Australia Pty Ltd T/A National 360 (ABN
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
1. Type of personal information collected
- Your personal information includes information about your Health and Disability, medical and disability, professional opinions about you and your past and current supports and services
- National 360 collects personally identifiable information, such as names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers when we are fulfilling online requests.
- National 360 will record an email address if a message is sent via email. We will not use your email address for any other purpose and will not disclose it without your consent.
- We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for the following purposes:
- Deliver and allocate services
- Contacting and communicating with you
- Providing you with information
- Addressing any feedback you may have
- Internal record keeping
- Aggregate data analysis
3. Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
4. Disclosure of personal information
5. Access to personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
6. Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you. . Requests for information from/about clients should be directed to the National Clinical Leader or General Manager. In order to protect your personal information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information
7. Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address below.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
9. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. We keep your personal information in a safe place. Our computers and mobile phones are password protected. Our electronic file storage system is encrypted. When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in electronic client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Last updated May, 2022.